[PVE-User] VM Guests too slow

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri May 14 17:44:46 CEST 2010


Hi Maurice,

I can say that I use almost the same configuration (on a Dell PE R710) :
srv-kvm1:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.5-8 (pve-manager/1.5/4674)
running kernel: 2.6.32-1-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.5-4
pve-kernel-2.6.32-1-pve: 2.6.32-4
pve-kernel-2.6.24-9-pve: 2.6.24-18
pve-kernel-2.6.24-8-pve: 2.6.24-16
qemu-server: 1.1-11
pve-firmware: 1.0-3
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-10
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve8
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.11.1-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-3

and I don't experiment any slow ssh connection on host or (Linux) KVM 
guest. Isn't it a problem with your network configuration ? Are your DNS 
properly configured, your gateway and so on, on the guest ? Do you use 
local or Network accounts (NIS...) ?

Can you ping something to see if you lost packets, and which is response 
time ?

Alain

Germain Maurice a écrit :
> 1/
> # pveversion -v
> pve-manager: 1.5-8 (pve-manager/1.5/4674)
> running kernel: 2.6.32-1-pve
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.5-4
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-1-pve: 2.6.32-4
> pve-kernel-2.6.18-2-pve: 2.6.18-5
> qemu-server: 1.1-11
> pve-firmware: 1.0-3
> libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-10
> vncterm: 0.9-2
> vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve8
> vzdump: 1.2-5
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
> vzquota: 3.0.11-1
> pve-qemu-kvm: 0.11.1-2
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-3
>
>
> 2/
> # pveversion -v
> pve-manager: 1.5-8 (pve-manager/1.5/4674)
> running kernel: 2.6.32-1-pve
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.5-4
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-1-pve: 2.6.32-4
> pve-kernel-2.6.18-2-pve: 2.6.18-5
> qemu-server: 1.1-11
> pve-firmware: 1.0-3
> libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-10
> vncterm: 0.9-2
> vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve8
> vzdump: 1.2-5
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
> vzquota: 3.0.11-1
> pve-qemu-kvm: 0.11.1-2
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-3
>
>
>
> Martin Maurer a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looks fine as far as I can see. post the output of 'pveversion -v' from both hardware nodes.
>> Br, martin
>>
>>   
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-
>>> bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Germain Maurice
>>> Sent: Freitag, 14. Mai 2010 09:58
>>> To: pve-user
>>> Subject: Re: [PVE-User] VM Guests too slow
>>>
>>> Dietmar you can find the files below :
>>>
>>> First host :
>>> - /etc/qemu-server/101.conf :
>>> name: riak3
>>> ide2: local:iso/ubuntu-9.10-server-amd64.iso,media=cdrom
>>> vlan0: e1000=42:A5:AF:93:82:FA
>>> bootdisk: ide0
>>> ostype: l26
>>> ide0: local:101/vm-101-disk-1.raw
>>> memory: 1900
>>> sockets: 2
>>>
>>> - /etc/qemu-server/101.conf :
>>> name: couch1
>>> ide2: local:iso/ubuntu-9.10-server-amd64.iso,media=cdrom
>>> vlan0: e1000=AA:91:84:CC:CC:56
>>> bootdisk: ide0
>>> ostype: l26
>>> ide0: local:101/vm-101-disk-1.raw
>>> memory: 1900
>>> onboot: 1
>>> sockets: 2
>>> cores: 1
>>>
>>>
>>> Second host :
>>> - /etc/qemu-server/102.conf :
>>> name: couch2
>>> ide2: local:iso/ubuntu-9.10-server-amd64.iso,media=cdrom
>>> vlan0: e1000=9A:AA:92:49:75:2D
>>> bootdisk: ide0
>>> ostype: l26
>>> ide0: vz2:102/vm-102-disk-1.raw
>>> memory: 1900
>>> onboot: 1
>>> sockets: 2
>>> cores: 1
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Le 14/05/2010 08:22, Dietmar Maurer a écrit :
>>>     
>>>> Please can you post you guest configuration
>>>> (/etc/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>       
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-
>>>>> bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Germain Maurice
>>>>> Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010 22:31
>>>>> To: pve-user
>>>>> Subject: [PVE-User] VM Guests too slow
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi, i'm testing Proxmox in order to know if i could migrate all my
>>>>> physical servers to a Proxmox infrastructure but i have a small
>>>>> problem when i use only 2 guests or one.
>>>>>
>>>>> The VM guests are too slow, when i connect to the server via SSH it's
>>>>> anormally slow.
>>>>> Completion with bash is very slow on guest contrary to the host.
>>>>> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-user
>>>>>
>>>>>         
>>>>       
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> pve-user mailing list
>>> pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
>>> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-user
>>>     
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> pve-user mailing list
>> pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
>> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-user
>>   
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> pve-user mailing list
> pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-user
>   


-- 
==========================================================
Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33
==========================================================

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-user/attachments/20100514/745d8d59/attachment-0014.html>


More information about the pve-user mailing list