[PVE-User] Problem with converted Windows 2000 server. It says "Booting from Hard Disk" but nothing happens

Erik van Ast Erik.van.Ast at suzohapp.nl
Wed May 26 10:28:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,

We have a Windows 2000 Server running on VMWare for more than 2years now. I tried to copy this server over to Proxmox and start it, but that didn't work. When I copy the VMDK file over to Proxmox and I import the disc in the newly created machine and I boot from it, it starts successfully, but it doesn't go any further than "Booting from Hard Disc" with a CPU of 96%....

I also converted the VMDK file with qemu to a raw file, but with that disc file the result is the same...

Does anyone have any experience with this? Both discs are IDE discs with a size of 55GB and I copied the entire -flat.vmdk file from VMWare over. This has previously worked with an OpenSuse machine...

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß,

Erik van Ast (MCSE / MCSA Messaging)
SUZO-HAPP GROUP | System Administrator
Office: +31-(0)186-643333 | Fax: +31-(0)186-643377
Erik.van.Ast at suzohapp.nl <mailto:Erik.van.Ast at suzohapp.nl>  | www.suzohapp.nl <http://www.suzohapp.nl/>