[PVE-User] Network Tap?

Tony Zakula tony at zakula.com
Tue Jun 22 23:10:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM, rupi <rupi at rantanplan.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> traffic on a bridge passes the FORWARD chain of the host, so you would
> need something like
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -i vminterface
> iptables -A FORWARD -o vminterface
>
> to get the traffic counters in both directions. you need to save and
> restore the counters (which is done by iptables-safe and -restore).
> the interfaces of the vm have names like vm${vmid}i${ifid}.
>
> /r

Patience is appreciated here.  :-)  I am not that familiar with
iptables beyond simple firewalling.  The bridge is kind of throwing me
for a loop.  So when you say it passes the forward chain of the host,
If I use the rules above on the host, it will not affect the bridge
Proxmox setup on installation that the VMs are using?

Thanks,

Tony