[PVE-User] KVM server: connect to VNC console without Java applet?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Jun 21 13:10:14 CEST 2010

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> writes:

>> The disadvantage is that the server needs to run a servlet container, as
>> Guacamole is implemented in Java.  (It probably wouldn't be that hard to
>> re-implement it as an Apache module -- the server side is under 3000 lines
>> of Java code, licensed under the Affero GPL.)
>
> Well, it looks like a very big workaround. I guess it is possible to write a
> better solution using websockets?

Honestly, if you want to solve the problem it would be better to write a tiny
little bit of Perl code that configures a dynamic VNC listener between the KVM
or OpenVZ socket and the guest.

Then you can use the existing, fully functional VNC clients out there to talk
to the server without needing to do anything special.

        Daniel