[PVE-User] Lack of error messages

Fabien Bagard fabien.bagard at intersec.com
Fri Apr 23 11:58:58 CEST 2010

Hi all!

First of all, thank you for this wonderful enterprise-class suite !

I use PVE since 2 weeks from now, and I encountered some problems

---

I migrated a VM from the master to a node. But the migration failed. It
resulted in :
The disk was still present on the master, and a part of the disk on the
node. When I tried to migrate the same VM, the migration window said it
the migration was starting. I waited 30 mn, but as I couldn't see the
rsync speed and so on, I clicked on abort. Then, I saw the error message
(a file with same name already present on the node) only at this
moment... 30 mn wasted !

Maybe it is possible to reorder checks, or force the over-writing of the
destination file or ...

---

Thank you again for you wonderful job ! PVE is exactly what I needed !