[PVE-User] feature request - automatically add all iSCSI targets which were discovered

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sun Oct 25 09:30:10 CET 2009

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> If you export lots of logical volumes for guests as one target with
>> multiple LUNs, doing anything above (resize, add, remove target)
>> basically requires killing all guests.
>
>  I though a single rescan does that?

You mean this:

iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p your_target_address

?

No, it does not.

There are some less reliable ways to do a "rescan", i.e.:

echo - - - > /sys/class/scsi_host/host1/scan

but that's not really reliable (and I'm not even sure it works when i.e.
a new lun is added).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org