[PVE-User] Mixing node versions 1.3 and 1.4

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Fri Nov 6 23:15:12 CET 2009

On Friday 06 November 2009 04:06:09 pm Shain Miley wrote:
> Nevermind..I found this forum post which answers my question:
>
> http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2191

And Dietmar's reply in that thread:

> Pleas do not mix different versions - use 1.3, or 1.4, but not both.

Oops.

I don't have this problem (I started with 1.4), but I thought that the
migration features would allow me to upgrade the physical nodes by
iteratevily vacating a physical node, upgrading it, and then migrating the
VMs back if the upgrade goes smoothly (and then, proceed to the next node).

Was I wrong to think that'd be possible? (now that I think about it, kernel
differences may make impossible at least the live migration, but not
necessarily the offline)

Regards,

--
Luis Zarrabeitia (aka Kyrie)