[PVE-User] Bridge Nameing Convention

Andrew Niemantsverdriet andrew at rocky.edu
Fri Nov 6 06:32:51 CET 2009

When I create a new virtual machine and define what bridge it is
attached to it would be nice to see that reflected in the name that
the interface gets on the host node itself.

For example rather than just vmtab116i0 maybe name it something like
vmbr1tab116i0 because this interface is attached to vmbr1

The reason for doing this is it would make defining firewall rules a
lot more simple and robust.

Is this a change that would be possible? Or or there technical issues
that I am not aware that would make this not work?

--
 _
/-\ ndrew Niemantsverdriet