[PVE-User] User administration.

Luis Alberto Zarrabeitia Gomez kyrie at uh.cu
Wed Nov 4 13:36:35 CET 2009

Quoting Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>:

> Giuliano Natali wrote:
> >> Nevertheless, if he wants all users to have the same role, he can simply
> >> do:
> >>
> >> # useradd -o -u 0 -g 0 -m root2

Thank you, I wasn't sure if this would work. I also don't like it much, but it
will solve my immediate needs. I'll be doing this for now.

I'll eagerly await for the user management feature, though.

¿do you know if /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow are synchronized through the
cluster, or I have to do it by hand?

> > No, this is a fake method....

Hehe, yes it is... and it gives me no accountability. I guess a compromise could
be to disable login for the extra root accounts, and for ssh, give us real user
accounts with sudo (and leave the extra "roots" only for the web interface).

Btw, Dietmar... it seems that sudo isn't on the standard bare-metal install, and
neither is vim. Consider this a humble suggestion to add them. (Btw, is there
any guide out there about how to customize the bare-metal installer?)

> Of course, one can use a /bin/false shell for additional users if SSH
> access is not needed (he didn't specify the needs exactly); and it
> generally depends on what is one trying to achieve.

In this case we really don't need a lot, for the time being at least. The team
is small enough, and we all have physical access to the cluster anyway. I'm fine
with all of us having the same... superpowers. For now, at least.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Facultad de Matemática y Computación, UH

--
Participe en Universidad 2010, del 8 al 12 de febrero de 2010
La Habana, Cuba