[PVE-User] Best way to RAID1 a Proxmox VE server?

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:37:45 CEST 2009

 Hi,

I setup more than 5 systems with software raid1. Some of them have 4 drives,
some have only 2 drives.
They are working well for months.

Only backdraw, when I upgrade to a new kernel, I must hack a little bit the
initrd and grub config file to get mdadm working. But now this procedure is
a painless step.

Of course, it will be never as fast, as scsi drives with raid10, but seems
safe enough, after some hard tests (power failure etc.).

Cheers,
István