[PVE-User] VMID selection during create

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Tue Mar 3 17:54:49 CET 2009

Hello,
I am wondering how the VMID gets populated during the creation of a new
VE?  The reason I ask is because I overwrote an existing VE the other
day on accident because I forgot to change this value (the default value
was an already used VE).  I though that maybe this was a cached browser
object, until yesterday when the other sysadmin ( who had never made a
VE before) made one, that again used an already exisiting VMID by default.

I am wondering if this is a bug or a known issue, or maybe my own issue ;-)

I think the default behavior should be to find the highest VMID and
increment it, so that there is a lot less change of overwriting an
existing production VE.

Thanks,

Shain