[PVE-User] Networking issues

Jeff Saxe JSaxe at briworks.com
Thu Jun 25 18:58:57 CEST 2009

Aha. I think an underlying assumption of the Proxmox VE environment is
that if you have multiple nodes in a cluster, they all have exactly
the same NIC resources available to them. This is so that you can
smoothly (either online or offline) migrate a VE from one node to
another, and whatever interfaces its IP addresses were bridged to on
one will be able to be mapped to the same bridge places on the new
node to which it's moved. If you make one node with that third NIC,
but then another node does not have the third NIC, then you have a VE
that's effectively "stuck" to one node and unable to be migrated. In
that case, I believe Dieter would say you are violating the spirit of
the Proxmox clustering (not to put words in your mouth, Dieter).

I believe that's the crux of what you (Victor) are seeing as a user
interface bug or limitation.

-- Jeff Saxe, Network Engineer
Blue Ridge InternetWorks, Charlottesville, VA
434-817-0707 ext. 2024  /  JSaxe at briworks.com