[PVE-User] "CPU units" breaks virtio

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Jun 15 13:50:57 CEST 2009

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> It turns out the problems is not in upstream KVM, but rather with the
>> "fairsched" patch to KVM which comes with Proxmox VE.
>>
>> When using KVM without fairsched patch, my guests run fine with
>> virtio_net driver.
>>

>> Do you have any ideas what can be done about it?
>
> I have no idea, sorry - if this is a scheduler issue, why does it only
> affect virtio?

I don't know, perhaps it changes the accounting somehow? Or OpenVZ code
does not integrate well with KVM?

I'm not familiar with the code, sorry.

BTW, couldn't a similar feature be made using cgroups only (see
Documentation/cgroups/ in kernel sources), without any additional patching?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org