[PVE-User] Stability problems in PVE 1.1?

Venefax venefax at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:51:41 CET 2009

I had to abandon Prxmox VE because of similar issues, including memory
running out on an openvz container. But I believe the main issue is Debian,
because Dell does not support Debian and the drivers, in my opinion, are not
the same quality of the Red Hat (Centos) or Suse drivers, which are
supported. So Proxmox should have chosen a better underlying OS, instead of
Debian. Now look at this: in a corporation we only buy Dell, HP or IBm
servers, because they do have 4 hour hardware response support. Not even
Supermicro gets in. Proxmox has a great product but it should run on an
enterprise-class OS. I spent two days with Dell trying to install the
Hardware Manager on Debian, to see of there are issues with memory,
processor or disks, and Dell could not make it work. You cannot deploy a
machine on a rack that you cannot manage.
Federico