[PVE-User] Backup Problem

Theron T. Trout theron.trout at mellonway.com
Wed Dec 30 17:18:06 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a backup job on my proxmox server that is set as follows:

 * Include all VMs
 * All days of week checked.
 * 03:00 start time
 * Mode: snapshot
 * Compress files is checked.

This morning I noticed that the backup report included only my single
OpenVZ VM and excluded all the Qemu/KVM VMs.  Only that VM is included
and no references are made to any of the other machines in the backup log.

I see now that the last backup that included all the VMs was on Nov 19th.

My PVE Version info is as follows:

pve-manager: 1.3-1 (pve-manager/1.3/4023)
qemu-server: 1.0-14
pve-kernel: 2.6.24-11
pve-kvm: 86-3
pve-firmware: 1
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve3
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1

It is a single node cluster.

Does anyone have any ideas why the KVM backups would have stopped and
how I can get them working again?

Thank you,
Theron

- --

Theron Trout
Co-Founder & Chief Software Architect,
Mellonway LLC

800-614-MWAY (6929)
301-358-5547
www.mellonway.com

Efficiency and Results through Expertise. (TM)

The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, or an employee, or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting from
your computer. Opinions, conclusions, and other information
in this message that do not relate to official Mellonway
LLC business are those of the sender and are neither given
nor endorsed by Mellonway LLC.