[PVE-User] PVE on Dell PE T105

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:29:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> We use several servers with SATA DVD drives, and never get such
> errors.
>
> - Dietmar

Ok, after doing some testing i could conform that it was a problem with Dell T105 SATA DVD. The SATA DVD that came with it is too picky with the installations media. After so many wasting the CD-R, burning the ISO, i manage to install it into this server, after installations complete, i reinstall again till the 4th time using the same media, i got the "Bus Error" message as before. Then, i ask my friend to bring his SATA DVD, replacing the Dell SATA DVD, and using the same media, i do the installations without any problem (test more than 10x).

I not so suprise with the result and the quality of the product since it was the cheapest Dell Server available in the market around me.

Hope this will help other soul that bought the same server as me.

Regards,