[PVE-User] PVE on Dell PE T105

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:47:59 CEST 2008

Hi Dietmar,

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> Futher more, i running dmesg, i found that a lot of error
>> related to media sector unreadable ( burning the PVE iso into
>> the new CD also won't give any help ). The interesting part
>> is, i took this installations media and boot into another PC
>> and it install all the way without any problems. Now i trying
>> to download another iso just to isolate the installations media
>> issue.
>
> Do not use rewritable CD-RW - try a normal CD-R.
>
> - Dietmar

I do use normal CD-R for the installation media, i have finishing download the new ISO and burn it into new CD-R and try to install using it but the end result is just the same.

Now, i remove the SATA HDD from the T105 and put it into his brothers Dell SC1435 (most of the hardware is identical, running AMD Opteron processor, the only diffrent is, with Dell SC1435 the DVD is connected to onboard IDE controller ) and the installations went smoothly.

After the installations, i remove the SATA HDD and put back into T105 ( i don't know if this is a good ideal but it's works for me ) and PVE boot nicely without any problem. I could login to the web console and configure it up to my heart.

I don't want to jump into the conclusion yet, unless someone could conform me that the installations using SATA DVD / CD was not support by PVE ( Because i couldn't find any error except "Bus Error" and Media Error as on my previous post ). I couldn't test to prove it right now because the only SATA DVD that i have currently is with this T105 server. So, if someone with SATA CD or SATA DVD and willing to test this, i'm all ears for the result.

Thanks in advances,

Regards,