[PVE-User] HowTo: Migration of servers to Proxmox_VE

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 07:52:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

Just  to add, if your current OpenVZ container is running from CentOS / RHEL, you need to create a softlink on the PVE at root dir such as :

#ln -s /var/lib/vz /vz

I running OpenVZ on CentOS ( RPM install from OpenVZ yum repo site ), when i try to migrate using vzmigrate to the new fresh install of PVE, my migration keep "hangging" without any error, when i check on the PVE side, i found that the migrations is moving the data into /vz instead of /var/lib/vz, which mean i'm running out of space issue. Creating the softlink solve my problem.

It's posible to create the softlink in the installations of PVE as the default? By this, it's could avoid the poor soul like me who coming from other distributions and not so well knowing about debian ( I'm waiting 2 days for the migrations to run, and it's just sit there with "Syncing Private" message before i decide to terminate the migrations and check the problem ).

Thanks and Regards,