[PVE-User] Interface Bonding with PVE

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:20:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

Sorry if this sound too newb, I'm not so familiar with debian, but can someone guide me on how to create a bonding interface and used with PVE openvz / kvm? I want to utilize 2 Gbit network interface on the server connected to Gbit switch.

In CentOS / RHEL, I need to edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add :
--------------------------------------
alias bond0 bonding
option bond0 mode=5 miimon=100
--------------------------------------

then edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0 just like normal ifcfg-eth0 config,
then adjust ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 to be slave like :
---------------------------------------
DEVICE=ethx
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes

So, in debian? a couple of search on google suggest that to install ifenslave-2.6 packages first, then edit /etc/modprobe.d/aliases-bond and /etc/network/interface, but on search for ifenslave using :

#apt-cache search ifenslave

return nothing. Runnig :

#dpkg -l |grep ifenslave

also return nothing. So how do I install this packages and setup the bonding using the debian / PVE way?

Please advice and thanks in advances,

Regards,