[PVE-User] Question about console access via vnc

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jun 19 18:14:24 CEST 2008

Dietmar,

----- "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
> If you start without nc you can see that it is an RFB server. Try:
> # qm vncproxy <vmid> <password>
> Whats the output from that?

It gives me:

RFB 003.008

So, when I was trying to connect to it from vncviewer, I used hostname:0 and hostname:5900 but neither worked... but the attempted connections did cause the commandline on the Promox VE server to end.

It appears that the error message is in error.  Without searching the vncviewer source code, I'm not sure what condition outputs that error.  They did put a question mark at the end of it. :)

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street