Strange Behavior – ZFS (and other) Storage Configuration in PVE (plain text)

Rovshan Pashayev Rovshan.Pashayev at veeam.com
Tue Jul 2 10:48:38 CEST 2024

Dear Proxmox Developers,

We would like to report a strange behavior that we have encountered in Proxmox, version 8.2.2. The issue is as follows:
We noticed that ZFS storage configuration is missing mountpoint line randomly. And workaround is manually adding missing line.

We also can see same behavior was reported in your forum:
NFS: [SOLVED] - Proxmox 3.1 Lost Mount Point in Cluster | Proxmox Support Forum (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-3-1-lost-mount-point-in-cluster.16664/)
ZFS: mountpoint missing after restoring a backup | Proxmox Support Forum (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/mountpoint-missing-after-restoring-a-backup.110012/)

We kindly request clarification on whether this behavior is expected and if you are already aware of this issue.
We are interested to know if there are plans to address and resolve this in future updates of Proxmox.

If you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Rovshan Pashayev
Analyst
Veeam Agent for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris