[pve-devel] [RFC cluster/manager/network 0/6] Add support for DHCP servers to SDN

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Sep 13 13:37:23 CEST 2023

Am 13/09/2023 um 10:54 schrieb Stefan Hanreich:
> With dnsmasq there is even the possibility of running scripts (via --dhcp-script, see the docs [1]) when a lease is added / changed / deleted. But as far as I can tell this can not be used to override the IP that dnsmasq provides via DHCP, so it is probably not really useful for our use-case.

Getting a IP from IPAM and generating a simple MAC to IP mapping
actively on guest start, i.e., before the VM or CT would actually
run, would be enough though.

This sounds relatively simple and would avoid most issues without
backing us into a corner for possible more complex/flexible solutions
in the future.