[pve-devel] new installer: preseed support ?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 21 18:21:49 CEST 2023

Hi,

Am 21/06/2023 um 17:56 schrieb DERUMIER, Alexandre:
> I just see all the patches for the new installer (don't have tested it
> yet).
>
> Any plan to add support for preseed file like debian for automatic
> install ?

Yes, for the mid/long term we'd definitively like to provide some mechanism
for this, and tbh. with the rework of the installer and how it handles the
config to a single point of "truth", and how the new low-level installer
(used for the Text-UI mode) works it will be possible to add quite a few
ways (from simple json config lives on a separte partition of the installer
image to some web-based varians with API and a password defined on the image,
...); just see the "start-session" command implementation [0] for what's
required between actual installer and UI, it's really not that much anymore:

[0]: https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-installer.git;a=blob;f=proxmox-low-level-installer;h=814961e5d5a4e73457aaa5df85e7b87e38708af7;hb=99a7fcf1fe110d67f5d0b6a010ae34cce17579a4#l88