[pve-devel] [RFC storage] content-dirs: check that all content dirs are pairwise inequal

Friedrich Weber f.weber at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 7 12:18:49 CEST 2023

On 07/06/2023 12:01, Fiona Ebner wrote:
> Should we also check in the create/update API calls for syntactic
> duplicates and fail the call? E.g. I can successfully issue:
> pvesh set /storage/foo --content-dirs backup=bar,iso=bar
> and only get the error later during activation.

Not allowing users to configure `content-dirs` with syntactic duplicates
sounds good to me (it wouldn't catch situations involving symlinks, but
those require quite some manual hacking from the user's side anyway).

As this would be mostly a convenience feature, I'd send a patch after
next week if that's okay.