[pve-devel] Empty list as response of an API-endpoint

Sven Scholle sven at shelldog.de
Wed Jan 4 16:10:00 CET 2023

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the API rights management.

The following request returns an empty array when issued using a token
with the role PVEAuditor:

'pve.foo.bar:8006/api2/json/nodes/{}/storage/{}/content?content=backup&vmid={}'.format(node,
storage, vmid)

When I disable privilege seperation or use the role Administrator, I
will receive the content in the storage mathing the filters above.
Those permissions do not seem to be sufficient: "Sys.Audit Sys.Syslog
Pool.Audit VM.Audit Datastore.Audit"

Using the permissions above, I'd expect to be granted to use the
API-call above. I also tried "VM.Backup", but that didn't do the trick.

Did I forget a permission or is there a bug?

Used Proxmox-VE-Version: 7.2-1

Thanks!
Regards
Sven