[pve-devel] Feature idea: import cloud images as disks, or at VM creation

DERUMIER, Alexandre alexandre.derumier at groupe-cyllene.com
Mon Apr 24 10:01:13 CEST 2023

I think it could be done with some kind of new naming for this kind of
disk,

like "template-....."  in the storage

to match current lxc behaviour.

I don't think we need to vm template itself inside this, only the disk.

then use could create a vm like

qm create <vmid> --iscsi0:template-.....

Maybe some kind of public image repo sync (like turnkey for lxc),
could be implemented too.