[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 7.3 released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Nov 22 13:54:57 CET 2022

Hi all,

we're very excited to announce the release of Proxmox Virtual
Environment 7.3. It's based on Debian 11.5 "Bullseye" but using a newer
Linux kernel 5.15 or 5.19, QEMU 7.1, LXC 5.0.0, and ZFS 2.1.6.

Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.3 comes with initial support for Cluster
Resource Scheduling, enables updates for air-gapped systems with the new
Proxmox Offline Mirror tool, and has improved UX for various management
tasks, as well as interesting storage technologies like ZFS dRAID and
countless enhancements and bugfixes.

Here is a selection of the highlights
Debian 11.5 "Bullseye", but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or 5.19
QEMU 7.1, LXC 5.0.0, and ZFS 2.1.6
Ceph Quincy 17.2.5 and Ceph Pacific 16.2.10; heuristical checks to see
if it is safe to stop or remove a service instance (MON, MDS, OSD)
Initial support for a Cluster Resource Scheduler (CRS)
Proxmox Offline Mirror - https://pom.proxmox.com/
Tagging virtual guests in the web interface
CPU pinning: With the taskset
New container templates: Fedora, Ubuntu, Alma Linux, Rocky Linux
Reworked USB devices: can now be hot-plugged
ZFS dRAID pools
Proxmox Mobile: based on Flutter 3.0
And many more enhancements.
As always, we have included countless bugfixes and improvements on many
places; see the release notes for all details.

Release notes
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_7.3

Press release
https://www.proxmox.com/en/news/press-releases/proxmox-virtual-environment-7-3

Video tutorial
https://www.proxmox.com/en/training/video-tutorials/item/what-s-new-in-proxmox-ve-7-3

Download
https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso

Documentation
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs

Community Forum
https://forum.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Source code
https://git.proxmox.com

We want to shout out a big THANK YOU to our active community for all
your intensive feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submitting!

Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox VE 7.0 or 7.1 or 7.2 to 7.3 via GUI?