[pve-devel] [PATCH v6 qemu-server 0/9] cloudinit pending behaviour change
aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 20 12:44:53 CEST 2022
This is an attempt to cleanup current behaviour of cloudinit online changes.
Currently, we setup cloudinit options as pending, until we generate the config drive.
This is not 100% true, because some option like vm name, nic mac address can be changed,
without going to pending, so user can't known if it need to regenerated it.
Also, some can are very difficult to handle, if you hotplug a nic but it's failing,so pending,
then you defined an ipconfig, and then you revert hotplug.
or if you delete a nic, the ipconfig is no more displayed in the gui.
So, instead of setting cloudinit values in pending,
this patch serie copy the current cloudinit config in a new section [special:cloudinit],
when the config drive is generated.
This is only an hint, to allow to display diff between the generated cloudinit
drive, and the current vm config.
A new specific cloudinit config api is added too displaying the diff between current and generated config.
Reminder: This need pve-manager depency bump first to check the version for live migration.
pve-manager patches series is available here : https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2021-June/048542.html
- use [special:cloudinit] instead [CLOUDINIT] for section
- delete config section on drive removal
- config api: move code to new PVE::QemuServer::Cloudinit::get_pending_config
- config api: add "qm cloudinit pending" cli
- add update api to regenerate drive with 1 api call
- add cloudinit hotplug option
- fix trailing whitespace in first patch
- revert previous "cloudinit" check in snapshot name (":" character is already forbidden)
- extract the current conf from cloudinit drive instead write the special cloudinit section
- rebase on v2, keep current cloudinit config in vm configuration
- pending api: display mac address change on netX
- cleanup && fix from Fabian comments
- move cloudinit fast_plug_option generation outside vmconfig_hotplug_pending
- remove cloudinit section from vm_config api
- vzdump : skip cloudinit section
- migration: check target node version && forbid migration if too old && cloudinit section exist.
- move last 3 patches at beginning of the patch series
- api config: remove cloudinit in load_current_config
- migration: move the 2 helpers in PVE::QemuServer::Helpers + code cleanup
Alexandre Derumier (9):
qemuconfig: load_current_config : delete cloudinit value
vzdump : skip special:cloudinit section
migration: test targetnode min version for cloudinit section
cloudinit: add cloudinit section for current generated config.
generate cloudinit drive on offline plug
cloudinit: make cloudnit options fastplug
api2: add cloudinit config api
api2: add cloudinit_update
add cloudinit hotplug
PVE/API2/Qemu.pm | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PVE/CLI/qm.pm | 2 +
PVE/QemuConfig.pm | 8 +++
PVE/QemuMigrate.pm | 10 +++-
PVE/QemuServer.pm | 102 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------
PVE/QemuServer/Cloudinit.pm | 109 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PVE/QemuServer/Helpers.pm | 26 +++++++++
PVE/VZDump/QemuServer.pm | 5 +-
8 files changed, 340 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
More information about the pve-devel