[pve-devel] [RFC manager 0/4] Ceph add basic erasure code pool mgmt support

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Wed Apr 27 15:37:05 CEST 2022

sent some replies to the relevant parts,

all in all seems to work ok (nothing major functionally)
regarding cli, ecprofile is fine imo, i don't think we have to write out
'erasure-code-profile' in our cli (should be clear from context)

the only thing we might want to do is to (optionally?) create an ec profile on the fly
when creating a pool by giving k/m directly there?

i guess you did not do it because we already must expose the profile management
since it does not get auto cleaned up? (though could we do that on pool delete?)

we could save the whole ec profile management by always explicitly creating a new one
for each ecpool we create, so the cleanup 'should' work on pool delete.
(that will run into an error anyway if it's still used)