[pve-devel] Updating translations

Claudio Ferreira filhocf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:23:08 CEST 2021

Hi

Replying to some of my questions:
* How can we update our po files (in my case, pt-BR)?

You need to install some packages, like make, gettext and any other
requirements listed in output, signed as error. After this, you need to run
the command:

$ make update

After some updates, push some git repo and processing, it will generate the
main pot files for proxmox-widget-toolkit.pot proxmox-mailgateway.pot
pve-manager.pot proxmox-backup.pot > messages.pot, and from this file,
messages.pot, it will update all langs getting old po files, generating a
new file and updating all strings from old file. So, get the fresh po file
for your language and go ahead!

* How to resolve this problem?

My problem was caused by the lack of pve-manager package and its
dependencies. The script need a perl module PVE::Tools. For me, I chose to
do a chroot environment for bullseye and install the no-subscription
repository of Proxmox. Now, works fine.

* When can we see if have an update in pot files?

I appreciate to have this question answered. I saw that I can do it at any
time, but is a good practice to have the translation process better
documented.

* How can I try my translation in a personal env?

I appreciate more yet to have this question answered too.