[pve-devel] Proxmox 7.0 Beta - Ceph "a password is required" error messages?

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 01:19:57 CEST 2021

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm that file exists on my system:

root at angusmtv-vm01:/etc/sudoers.d# cat ceph-osd-smartctl
> ## allow ceph-osd (which runs as user ceph) to collect device health
> metrics

ceph ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/smartctl -x --json=o /dev/*
> ceph ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/nvme * smart-log-add --json /dev/*

This was a fresh install of Proxmox 7.0 beta, with Ceph, I haven't really
made any changes outside of setting the Ceph keyring, so that ceph-volume
batch would work:

ceph auth get client.bootstrap-osd >
> /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring

The nvme-cli package was *not* installed:

# dpkg -s nvme-cli
> dpkg-query: package 'nvme-cli' is not installed and no information is
> available
> Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files.

I've just installed it - should that make those errors go away?

Should we install nvme-cli by default then?

Out of curiosity - where do you see the hardware status via Ceph

Thanks
Victor