[pve-devel] Proxmox 7.0 Beta - Ceph "a password is required" error messages?

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Fri Jun 25 13:36:55 CEST 2021

On 6/25/21 03:31, Victor Hooi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup a new Ceph cluster with the Proxmox 7.0 beta
>
> I'm getting notification emails like this:
>
> ceph : a password is required ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=nvme intel
>> smart-log-add --json /dev/nvme0n1
>

> Do you know if this is expected behaviour, or what it means? Is this some
> kind of new logging in Ceph 16 or Proxmox 7?

ceph can check the hardware status with smartctl/nvme

to do this, ceph ships a sudoers.d snippet that allows those two commands

i just checked here, it works as intended

does the file '/etc/sudoers.d/ceph-osd-smartcl' exist in your installation?

did you do any further sudo configuration or changed the 'ceph' user
somehow?

kind regards