[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 24 15:16:26 CEST 2021

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the first beta release of Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.0! The 7.x family is based on the great Debian 11 "Bullseye" and comes with a 5.11 kernel, QEMU 6.0, LXC 4.0, OpenZFS 2.0.4.

Note: The current release of Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.0 is a beta version. If you test or upgrade, make sure to first create backups of your data. We recommend https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-backup-server to do so.

Here are some of the highlights of the Proxmox VE 7.0 beta version:

- Ceph Server: Ceph Pacific 16.2 is the new default. Ceph Octopus 15.2 comes with continued support.
- BTRFS: modern copy on write file system natively supported by the Linux kernel, implementing features such as snapshots, built-in RAID, and self healing via checksums for data and metadata.
- ifupdown2 is the default for new installations using the Proxmox VE official ISO.
- QEMU 6.0 has support for io_uring as asynchronous I/O engine for virtual drives - this is now the default for newly started or migrated guests.
- Countless GUI improvements
- and much more...

Release notes
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap

Download[
http://download.proxmox.com/iso

Community Forum
https://forum.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Source code
https://git.proxmox.com

Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox VE 6.4 to 7.0 beta with apt?