[pve-devel] [RFC] APT repositories API/UI

Fabian Ebner f.ebner at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 20 11:01:36 CET 2021

List the configured repositories and have some basic checks for them.

Much is still missing, but I'd like to get feedback for a few things:

* having distinct API calls for the listing and checking can mean that the list
  of repositories and the list of warnings are not in sync (when the repository
  configuration changes in between calls, which admittedly is unlikely). But we
  could also only have one API call and either always add the warnings or have
  a flag to do so. There are two warnings that are not associated with a
  repository though, and those are for not having the enterprise or neither the
  no-subscription repository configured. But that could be solved by always
  including the enterprise repository, even if it is not defined in a file (in
  that case with 'enabled => 0' of course), and associating those two warnings
  with it.
* This also ties in to how to best display the warnings: currently it's just a
  list at the bottom (will be made more visible of course if that's the approach
  we opt for), but we could also display warnings directly below the repository
  they are for by using the RowBody feature.
* see individual patches

Still missing:
    * warning should also be there if enterprise repository is configured, but
      there is no valid subscription
    * warnings should be more clearly visible
    * button for switching to newer suite to be used before a major upgrade
    * that of course requires a writer for the repository files
    * tests
    * add to PMG
    * re-implement in Rust for PBS

common:

Fabian Ebner (2):
  add module for APT
  APT: add extended repositories check

 src/Makefile   |   1 +
 src/PVE/APT.pm | 398 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 399 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 src/PVE/APT.pm

manager:

Fabian Ebner (3):
  api: APT: add call to list repositories
  ui: add panel for listing APT repositories
  api: APT: add call for repository check

 PVE/API2/APT.pm             | 115 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 www/manager6/node/Config.js |   7 +++
 2 files changed, 122 insertions(+)

widget-toolkit:

Fabian Ebner (2):
  add UI for APT repositories
  APT repositories: show list of warnings

 src/Makefile                |   1 +
 src/node/APTRepositories.js | 213 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 214 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 src/node/APTRepositories.js

--
2.20.1