[pve-devel] [RFC manager] fix #2422: allow multiple Ceph public networks

Fabian Ebner f.ebner at proxmox.com
Fri Apr 30 15:54:32 CEST 2021

picked up from an old patch by Alwin[0].

The first four patches are cleanups/preparation.

The last patch is the big one which introduces the handling of multiple IP
addresses. Quickly tested with a dual IPv4/IPv6 setup and an external client
and didn't see any issues (altough I might've missed something in my struggle
to get the network configuration right). It is a bit messy (not sure that is
fully possible to avoid) and I'd like to test it some more, so sending it as an
RFC. Would be great if somebody else could test it too.

Note that you also need a dual stack cluster network even if it's separate from
the public network, so the OSDs will start up.

[0]: https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2020-March/042304.html

Fabian Ebner (5):
  api: ceph: mon: split up arguments for run_command
  api: ceph: create mon: handle ms_bind_ipv* options more generally
  api: ceph: create mon: factor out monmaptool command
  api: ceph: create mon: explicitly add subsequent monitors to the
    monmap
  fix #2422: allow multiple Ceph public networks

2.20.1