[pve-devel] [RFC qemu-server++ 0/22] remote migration

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Thu Apr 15 16:32:41 CEST 2021

On April 15, 2021 4:04 pm, alexandre derumier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for working on this !
>
> I'll be able to test it soon as I'll need to migrate 200-300 vms between
> 2 datacenter soon.

looking forward to feedback :) you'll need to put the
proxmox-websocket-tunnel binary into $PATH of pveproxy/qm, after
building it with 'cargo build'.

if your inter-DC link is fast enough, you'll likely be hit by the
pveproxy bottleneck. it would still be interesting to get some
real-world numbers, I haven't tested with baremetal and fast storage
yet.

please be aware that this is very much experimental code still!

> I think it could be great to add optionnal "tag" option to targetbridge,
> as it could be different on target cluster.

hmm, we could have another (optional) map for VLAN tags? since tags and
bridges are not one entity (you can have on interface on bridge A with
tag X, and another interface on bridge A with tag Y, and those need to
be mapped to bridge B with tag P and bridge B with tag Q, for example).

> Also, we should transfert vm firewall config.

yes, that's definitely true. another source of potential
mismatches/things to check before migrating (security groups/aliases!)