[pve-devel] [RFC series 0/2] Show more vlan infos

Aaron Lauterer a.lauterer at proxmox.com
Mon Apr 12 15:14:36 CEST 2021

The main motivation here is to make the VLAN tags configured for an
interface better visible. The approach taken in this RFC is to use the
already existing vlan-id and vlan-raw-device values. These were only
present if the vlan device was configured with those explicit options,
available with ifupdown2.

For the other way, using the dot notation, the type was detected
correctly, but no further information about the vlan id and the used
device was present. Therefore the Inotify.pm has been changed to set the
same values for the dot notation interfaces. This results in the API
delivering the same information, not matter which type of vlan interface
it is.

Since the vlan-id and vlan-raw-device values are filtered for dot
notation interfaces when writing out the network config, I don't see
much harm here.

But should this approach be problematic for some reason that I have not
yet discovered, there is an alternative approach handling this in the
GUI only. Then the GUI would show the same information for both type of
vlan interfaces but the API would stay the same.

widget-toolkit: Aaron Lauterer (1):
  ui: network: add columns for vlan-id and vlan-raw-device

 src/node/NetworkView.js | 14 ++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 14 insertions(+)

pve-common:  src/PVE/INotify.pm | 8 ++++++--

2.20.1