[pve-devel] [PATCH v2 qemu-server 0/6] cloudinit pending behaviour change
aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Apr 1 02:21:21 CEST 2021
This is an attempt to cleanup current behaviour of cloudinit online changes.
Currently, we setup cloudinit options as pending, until we generate the config drive.
This is not 100% true, because some option like vm name, nic mac address can be changed,
without going to pending, so user can't known if it need to regenerated it.
Also, some can are very difficult to handle, if you hotplug a nic but it's failing,so pending,
then you defined an ipconfig, and then you revert hotplug.
or if you delete a nic, the ipconfig is no more displayed in the gui.
So, instead of setting cloudinit values in pending,
this patch serie copy the current cloudinit config in a new section [special:cloudinit],
when the config drive is generated.
This is only an hint, to allow to display diff between the generated cloudinit
drive, and the current vm config.
A new specific cloudinit config api is added too, merging ipaddrX && netX mac
in same field, and displaying the diff between current and generated config.
- use [special:cloudinit] instead [CLOUDINIT] for section
- delete config section on drive removal
- config api: move code to new PVE::QemuServer::Cloudinit::get_pending_config
- config api: add "qm cloudinit pending" cli
- add update api to regenerate drive with 1 api call
- add cloudinit hotplug option
- fix trailing whitespace in first patch
- revert previous "cloudinit" check in snapshot name (":" character is already forbidden)
Alexandre Derumier (6):
cloudinit: add cloudinit section for current generated config.
generate cloudinit drive on offline plug
cloudinit: make cloudnit options fastplug
api2: add cloudinit config api
api2: add cloudinit_update
add cloudinit hotplug
PVE/API2/Qemu.pm | 117 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PVE/CLI/qm.pm | 2 +
PVE/QemuServer.pm | 102 +++++++++++++++++++++----------
PVE/QemuServer/Cloudinit.pm | 101 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
4 files changed, 289 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
More information about the pve-devel