[pve-devel] corosync bug: cluster break after 1 node clean shutdown

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Sep 17 12:02:27 CEST 2020

if needed, here my test script to reproduce it

node1 (restart corosync until node2 don't send the timestamp anymore)
-----

#!/bin/bash

for i in `seq 10000`; do
   now=$(date +"%T")
   echo "restart corosync : $now"
    systemctl restart corosync
    for j in {1..59}; do
        last=$(cat /tmp/timestamp)
        curr=`date '+%s'`
        diff=$(($curr - $last))
        if [ $diff -gt 20 ]; then
           echo "too old"
           exit 0
        fi
        sleep 1
     done
done

node2 (write to /etc/pve/test each second, then send the last timestamp to node1)
-----
#!/bin/bash
for i in {1..10000};
do
   now=$(date +"%T")
   echo "Current time : $now"
   curr=`date '+%s'`
   ssh root at node1 "echo $curr > /tmp/timestamp"
   echo "test" > /etc/pve/test
   sleep 1
done