[pve-devel] Ceph 15.2.5 update?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 13 14:45:09 CEST 2020

On 03.10.20 13:15, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:

>>> Hmm - will that actually work?
>>>
>>> My understanding was that for Proxmox you had to use the Proxmox-specific
>>> Ceph packages - just like there's a Proxmox-specific kernel etc.
>
> Proxmox don't have any extra patch on ceph package, so you can use package from ceph official repo.

That's not true, and I would not recommend using another repo, ceph itself is
really not good at doing Debian packages, so especially dependency stuff is
often quite wrong to incompatible with PVE.

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=ceph.git;a=tree;f=patches;h=d30ebbccd31cedfae76dd1426298e97874d8a8f1;hb=HEAD

> (Proxmox have his own repo, to be able to test ceph minor versions before releases, to avoid bug,.....)

That's an additional reason, but mainly we do it to have full control
over packaging.

Anyway, 15.2.5 is out on the test repository since yesterday.