[pve-devel] Heads up: pve-kernel-5.3.18-2-pve + Intel QuickAssist + dm_crypt = hanging ceph volumes

Lorenz Schori lo at znerol.ch
Thu Mar 12 12:07:13 CET 2020

Hi,

Quick heads up: I just ran into issues after updating to
pve-kernel-5.3.18-2-pve (also affects 5.4). The gist is that Intel QAT
drivers newly added to that kernel are causing hangs on some Spermicros
with encrypted ceph OSDs.

LP Bug (comments #19/#20):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1845959

Typical dmesg call-trace attached. Blacklisting qat_c3xxx as suggested
in the LP Bug resolves the problems in my case.

Cheers,
Lorenz