[pve-devel] RFC: sdn: add ip management (IPAM -DHCP) ideas

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jun 23 09:35:10 CEST 2020

>>But you already mange subnets and allocation pools in subnets.cfg, so what it the purpose
>>of those ipam plugins? I am unable to see the point? Keeping those reservations in sync
>>looks hard to me.

do you mean sync between dhcp && ipam ?

I'm more thinking about static dhcp reservation (mac/ip).
user take an ip from ipam, put it on the vm, and the dhcp config with mac/ip is generated.

for dynamic dhcp (if we really want it, maybe for nat ?), this should be done without ipam
registration. maybe on a dedicated subnet.