[pve-devel] Integration of FreeNAS iSCSI target initiator in Proxmox Enterprise repo

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 9 09:38:26 CEST 2020

On June 8, 2020 5:16 pm, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 15:00:11 +0200
> Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com> wrote:
>

>> You can effectively provide a full custom plugin, so it has not more
>> limitations than any existing one. What extra functionality regarding
>> interface ABI would the FreeNAS Plugin require?
>>
> I seem to have read somewhere that a custom plugin could not get access
> to individual volumes.

Custom plugins get called via PVE::Storage just like any other plugin -
the API 'contract' is a bit underspecified, but when in doubt just ask.

There are a few places in the guest code where lists of storage
types/plugins are hard-coded atm (e.g. 'list of storage types supporting
vzdump backups'), but if one of those lists needs to be extended /
switched to be generated via the API mechanism (e.g., by each plugin
stating 'I can serve as a target for vzdump'), I don't see a reason why
not to do it.