[pve-devel] Integration of FreeNAS iSCSI target initiator in Proxmox Enterprise repo

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:16:29 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 11:34 AM Andreas Steinel <a.steinel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully, we'll see the storage plugin framework happening in the future,
> so that only additive changes are required in order to support new plugins.
> This would hugely improve third-party-support and solve the problem of
> integrating yet another Storage-Plugin.

To reply my own message. The plugin framework has already happened in [1].
Thanks to Wolfgang for pointing this out in [2].

The next question is, can the freenas-proxmox-git-repo refactored to use
this framework (as I understand it, it just uses another directory in which
the files go)?

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2016-August/022358.html
[2] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/frage-zfs-over-nfs.70734/post-318459

--
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Steinel
M.Sc. Visual Computing
M.Sc. Informatik