[pve-devel] KVM Templates on CephFS are only shown on one node - not all nodes in the cluster

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 09:22:53 CET 2020

Hi,

I've setup a few hyperconverged Proxmox/Ceph clusters, and it's really
amazing and awesome =).

However, there is one thing I do not understand.

Files in CephFS should in theory be available across the entire cluster.

However, if I create a KVM Template in Proxmox - the Proxmox Web UI will
only display it in the single node where the template was first created -
not in all nodes, which have access to the CephFS store.

Is there some way to have other nodes in the cluster share access to those
CephFS files? Is it simply a UI thing, or is there something in the
underlying backend that tags certain files in CephFS to specific nodes?

Thanks,
Victor