[pve-devel] working on ifupdown2 openvswitch addon

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Feb 17 13:56:27 CET 2020

>>Yay !
>>A bit too busy right now, but can't wait to test all your SDN plugins.

I need beta testers, so if you have some time to test, tell me , I'll send you gui patches and doc

>>BTW, is there still advantages for OVS bridges over standard linux bridges once your SDN stuff is out ? IIUC, most tunneling can be done with standard (vlan-aware) Linux bridges. So, what's left for >>OVS ?
I think only dpdk, but it's not implemented in proxmox currently. (and this need a lof of tuning, with hugepages, vhost-user interfaces,....)
I still waiting for xdp implementation for bridge :)

But for all others thing, you can do it with classic linux interfaces (vxlan , gre, ipip tunnel ) , bridge, vlan-aware bridge, qinq, ...
Still don't understand why some users want ovs currently ;)  (no userland = no problem , trust the kernel :)