[pve-devel] Adding new data storage

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Dec 17 16:35:51 CET 2020

Hi,

On 17/12/2020 16:06, Andrei Perapiolkin wrote:
> I would like to add new data storage. This storage would resemble ZFS over iSCSI but will use different API to access storage.

What do you mean here, what API will it use? If you want to include this in our
repository some more details would be appreciated. Else, for storages with have
a external plugin system which can be used to include plugins which are proprietary
or otherwise unfit for inclusion.

> Should I create/provide anything besides pve-storage/PVE/Storage/<new-driver>.pm ?

Once above is cleared, then yes, and base it off the closed related
storage plugin - i.e., maybe ZFS, else the base plugin.

> Is there any documentation I should familiarize myself with beside coding style?

our Perl style guide is here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Perl_Style_Guide

Besides that, check the developer documentation in general, especially those two
sections:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation#Preparing_Patches
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation#Software_License_and_Copyright

regards,