[pve-devel] More than 10 interfaces in lxc containers

Stephan Leemburg sleemburg at it-functions.nl
Sun Aug 23 18:35:07 CEST 2020

Am Sonntag, den 23.08.2020, 12:58 +0200 schrieb Stephan Leemburg:
>> Good afternoon Dietmar,
>>
>> The reason is separation of client's resources on the machine(s).
>>
>> In firewalling, it is not uncommon to use a lot of VLAN's.
>>
>> For example at one of my clients that I do consultancy for, they
>> have
>> more than 60 VLAN's defined on their firewall.
> probably not helping with your original Problem, but running (such) a
> firewall in a LXC feels totally wrong to me.
That is not my setup. The customer runs very expensive firewalls and all
interfaces are vlan interfaces on top of link aggregations.

> Putting the FW in a VM is fine for me, but I surely don't want it to be
> a part of the hosts network stack.

Maybe I should reconsider my thought in migrating from a kvm that runs
pfSense to a debian container that runs iptables in the same kernel and
network stack as the node.

Thanks for your input. I will do some more research and educated thinking.

Best regards,

Stephan