[pve-devel] More than 10 interfaces in lxc containers

Stephan Leemburg sleemburg at it-functions.nl
Sat Aug 22 23:41:44 CEST 2020

Hi @dev,

I have read about other people who need more than 10 network interfaces
in their lxc containers.

For me, I have that need too for a firewall container.

I think it is not so difficult to raise the 10 upto 32.

Just change

/usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

in Ext.define('PVE.lxc.NetworkView', {

the line

me.down('button[name=addButton]').setDisabled((records.length >= 10));

me.down('button[name=addButton]').setDisabled((records.length >= 32));

And in

/usr/share/perl5/PVE/LXC/Config.pm change

my $MAX_LXC_NETWORKS = 10;

my $MAX_LXC_NETWORKS = 32;

As far as I can see, that is enough.

Would you please consider raising the limit? Would you like me to send
in a patch file or pull request.

Or is the above sufficient.

Thanks and kind regards,

Stephan