[pve-devel] scsi-hd vs scsi-generic with iSCSI

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Mon Sep 30 08:00:14 CEST 2019

----- Le 30 Sep 19, à 7:04, Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com a écrit :

> But the interesting thing would be, why is there an issue with scsi-generic,
> i.e., the underlying issue for the two Bugs. IIUC, Dietmar had in mind to
> try to fix those - and thus help all scsi-generic users, instead of working
> around the issue.
>
> The initial question would be: what does the scsi-hd type differently.
> (maybe hard to tell if they're both complete different implementations)

As much as I'd like to find this out, it's a above my skills. I can help as I can reproduce it easily, but I won't be able to track it further.
Waiting for this to be solved, would you accept a patch to either force scsi-hd, or disable scsi-generic/scsi-block ? (not sure yet if it should be a VM tuning, or at the DC level)

Cheers,
Daniel

--
[ https://www.firewall-services.com/ ]